This policy sets out how any personal data which we obtain from you or which you give us will be processed. Please review this policy carefully to understand our policies on your personal data and how we use it. By visiting www.spearheadelearning.com you consent and accept out policies as described here.
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Spearhead Compliance Training Ltd, 1st Floor, Wellington House, 34 Waterloo Street, Birmingham. B2 5TJ
INFORMATION WE MAY RETAIN / WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may retain and process the following data about you:
- Information we may collect about you. We may automatically collect the following information on your visit to our site:
- Information which is technical in nature, such as the internet protocol (IP) address that you use to connect to the internet, your browser type and version, type of plug in used, operating system, platform, time zone.
- Information relating to your visit such as the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) followed, products you have viewed, searched for, length of site visit on certain pages, methods used to browse away from the page and any number used to call our customer services.
- Information that we may receive from other sources.
- We could receive information from third parties that we work with about you (e.g. credit reference agencies, business partners, delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers etc). We may also receive information about you if you use any other websites that we may operate.
Our website utilises cookies for the purpose of distinguishing you from other users of our website. This assists us to provide you with a better experience when using our website. In addition it allows us to make improvements to our site.
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the the site, where the visitors have come to the site from and the pages they have visited.|
|These cookies allow our Facebook fans to interact with the website and like our content.|
|These cookies allow our Twitter fans to interact with the website and link to our content and Twitter account.|
|These cookies allow our Google Plus fans to interact with our site and its content.|
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we will be provided with from other sources.
We could combine this information with information you may give to us and information we may collect about you. We may use this information and a combination of information for the purpose described in detail above.
It is possible that we may share personal information with any other members of our group.; This includes our subsidiaries, holding companies or other companies as described by 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may also share your information with other selected third parties, such as
- Suppliers, business partners, subcontractors or anyone else necessary for the performance of any contract we enter into.
- Networks of advertisers or advertising companies that may require the information to serve adverts of relevance to you.
- Search engine providers and analytics operators that assist us to optimise our site.
- Credit reference agencies if necessary to assess your credit score.
In addition we could disclose your information to other parties:
- If we buy or sell any assets or business, we may need to disclose your information to any prospective buyer or seller.
- If Spearhead Compliance Training Limited has some or all of its assets acquired by another party then personal data will be one of the assets, which is transferred.
WHERE WE MAY RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The information that we obtain from you may be kept and/or transferred to an area outside of the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) and may also be processed outside of this area. By submitting your personal data you agree to this storage, transfer or processing. We will do all that we reasonably can to make sure that your information is treated in accordance with this policy.
In circumstances where we may have given you or that you have chosen a password which may allow you to access different areas of our site then it is your responsibility to keep this confidential and secure.
Whilst we will do our best to protect your personal data, transmission via the internet is not absolutely secure and we are not able to guarantee your security. Any submission or transfer of data is at your own risk.
You may ask us not to use your personal information for the purpose of marketing. In most cases we would expect to inform you before we receive your data if we intend to use it for the purpose of marketing. You are able to ask us not to use your data for this purpose by ticking certain boxes. You can also exercise this right by writing to us at: Spearhead Compliance Training Ltd, 2nd Floor, 2 St Phillips place, Birmingham. B3 2RB
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act allows you to obtain access to the information that is held about you. You may exercise this right by making a request. This is subject to a charge of £10.00, which is to cover our costs in providing you with this information.
Any variations to this policy will be added onto this page or if it is considered to be appropriate sent to you by e-mail. Please refer to this page to see any changes.
Any questions or comments may be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org