If you handle any sort of personal information about individuals, then the data protection act is an incredibly important issue and course that all businesses, no matter how small, must take into consideration. How you obtain, store, share and use information is critical. Personal information is sensitive and it is people’s fundamental right to know and control how their information is disclosed. This course aims to provide a comprehensive guide to how and why the Data Protection Act should be put into practice in your workplace, and explains what will happen if you don’t follow the rules. Course Aims By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand the background and purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Understand what the 8 principles of data protection are and understand how they relate to the workplace.
- Know what is expected of businesses in respect to data security, including the penalties for those who break the law.
- Know what rights data subjects have under the Data Protection Act.
Topics to be Covered
- The background of data protection
- Key definitions
£22.00 + VAT